So Tesla will be producing much more than just a couple of awesome cars in the future, as laid out in a few tweets and blog post from Elon Musk, the president, founder, and all around billionaire guy who runs the company.
That blog post, entitled “Master Plan, Part Deux“, basically publicly outed how Tesla plans to move forward in its world domination of all things electric vehicle and technological awesomeness. And of course the Internets are all a flutter of what it all means.
To get you up to speed, the first part of Tesla’s electric world domination looked like this:
- Create a low volume car, which would necessarily be expensive: Tesla Roadster
- Use that money to develop a medium volume car at a lower price: Tesla Model S and X
- Provide solar power.
The next steps are:
- Create stunning solar roofs with seamlessly integrated battery storage: think on buses and other large vehicles
- Expand the electric vehicle product line to address all major segments (emphasis mine)
- Develop a self-driving capability that is 10X safer than manual via massive fleet learning
- Enable your car to make money for you when you aren’t using it
Number 4 is quite intriguing….make money by letting other people drive your car when you’re not. hmmm.
But what I want is the Tesla Minibus!!!!! Especially if it’s going to look anything like the render posted by Jalopnik:
Click the pic to head over to their site to see their write up.