Car makers are always trying to differentiate their models and that has even trickled down to the difference between sedans and hatchbacks. Take the Ford Fusion and C-Max or the Mazda Protégé and Protégé5 from the early Oughts.
Nissan is continuing in this trend with the 2014 Versa sedan and Versa Note 5-door hatchback.
- Energetic new exterior styling with steeply sloped windshield and sculpted body panels
- Available Active Grille Shutter for enhanced fuel economy
- 40 miles per gallon highway fuel economy (CVT-equipped models)
- Smart packaging and class-leading cargo space*, with available adjustable rear load floor height
- Available NissanConnectSM with Navigation System with Hands-Free Text Messaging Assistant, RearView Monitor and Around View® Monitor
- Starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)** of $13,990 USD
With four different content packages (S, S Plus, SV and SL), two transmissions and one engine, the Versa line is set to take on the world. That engine is a 1.6-liter dual overhead cam four-cylinder with 109 horsepower and 107 lb-ft of torque. Those transmissions are a five-speed manual (on the S model only) and a continuously variable one that will help get miles per gallon of 31 city and 40 highway.